The Ultimate Guide to Prepare Students for a Successful Academic School Year
Aug, 27 2020
Our Colleges are excited to welcome everyone back and want to let you know that our System is here to support your success. The learning environment looks different for everyone this semester, but we are confident that we can all have a prosperous academic school year.
Your success at Maricopa is important to us. That’s why we’ve compiled the top resources to guide you through online learning and working. Whether you are a new student or have been working with us for years, these tips and tools can help you no matter where you are at Maricopa.
- For students, download the MyInfo app from the Apple and Android app stores to quickly access personalized student information without logging into the Student Center. You get support, purchase books, make payments, streamline new modules, and more in the app.
- Bookmark the MCCCD Anywhere Computing site on your internet browser to access collaboration tools, College IT help centers, and services that empower the Maricopa community to work and be productive from anywhere.
- Take advantage of the free services your college offers, such as tutoring, study skill workshops, academic coaching, and mentoring.
- Stay in touch with the Academic Advisement team to receive guidance on achieving your academic goals and assisting in identifying campus resources.
- College can be stressful, be sure to visit your College's Counseling and Personal Development website for free, confidential assistance with life skills, career and educational planning, and crisis intervention.
- Get involved! MCCCD offers extracurricular activities to help you develop better social skills, increase your GPA, think more positively, and achieve higher life aspirations. Check out the list of ways you can get involved here.
- Find the right career path and plan your education to meet the needs of your career choice with Career Services.
- Mark your calendar with important dates from the 2021-2022 Academic Calendar.
- Sign-up for the Maricopa Students and Alumni Discount Program and find meaningful savings on groceries, food delivery, health and wellness, child care, electronics, and beyond.
- Download Microsoft Office 365 that is available to any student, free of charge. To best prepare you for class, take advantage of the productivity apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and more.
- Frequently check for MCCCD Scholarships so you can focus on your educational goals without having to pay out of your pocket.
- Utilize the MCCCD Library Resources to find articles, books, journals, and more for academic assignments.
Our College’s resources and programs are available to supply the MCCCD community with support tools, valuable connections, tips, and opportunities to make the 2021-2022 academic school year a prosperous one. Thank you, MCCCD students, staff, and faculty, for your creative efforts to adapt, teach, and learn to propel the Maricopa Community Colleges forward. Collectively we can foster a healthy working and learning environment.