- The Maricopa Community Colleges have the most affordable tuition rates in Arizona
The Maricopa Community Colleges have the most affordable tuition rates in Arizona
Jan, 21 2021
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD), the largest community college system in the nation, is built on high quality — not high costs. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our communities in unimaginable ways: In many cases, it has greatly impacted college plans due to concerns with being able to afford tuition. Tuition and fees for MCCCD classes ($85 per credit hour and on an average annual cost of just over $2,500 for full-time students) are considerably lower than those at other Arizona universities and private colleges.
To provide additional assistance, the Maricopa Community Colleges offer two new tuition discounts for Maricopa County residents and Out-of-State residents residing in Arizona.
- Students with in-state residency status are eligible for a $1,020 flat tuition rate. The flat rate applies when enrolling in 12.5 - 21 credits.
- Students with out-of-state residency status residing in Arizona are eligible for an $85 per credit hour tuition rate.
“The value we bring to our community by providing affordable, academic excellence, as well as career training, and life-long learning for diverse students reflective of our region makes us a significant resource to Arizona,” said Dr. Steven R. Gonzales, Interim Chancellor. “As one of the largest higher education systems in the country today, we are empowering individuals to succeed in our local and global economy, with the ultimate goal of bettering their life and future success.”
Why choose the Maricopa Community Colleges?
- MCCCD is in the business of helping. The Maricopa Community Colleges are a group of institutions of transformation, continuing to evolve the student experience to meet Arizona's education and employment needs.
- Colleges strive for inclusivity and diversity: MCCCD is committed to fostering collaboration among peoples of different backgrounds, orientations, and perspectives and ensuring the respectful treatment of all. MCCCD's academic excellence has been accelerated by its increasingly diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- Education is affordable and accessible to all people: We understand that different people decide to go to college at every stage in life. The Maricopa Community Colleges are located throughout Maricopa County - making education accessible. We also know that higher education is expensive. We create affordable opportunities that include 933 different areas of study, degrees, and certificates so students can choose the right career for them.
The Maricopa Community Colleges are a fraction of the cost compared to other Arizona Universities, and with scholarships and grants, students can save even more. Combine MCCCD’s quality with its affordability and you end up with an incredible value. Students who graduate from a Maricopa Community College have a highly marketable degree, with little or no debt, that can take our communities anywhere they want to go in life. Also, over 10,000 of MCCCD students transfer to four-year Universities the following year. Transfer pathways and partnerships with state colleges and universities allow students who could not otherwise afford a college education the opportunity to gain a four-year degree. Students save thousands of dollars by starting at the Maricopa Community Colleges.
The challenges that the United States is facing have shined the spotlight on what the Maricopa Community College System can provide to the community. The Maricopa Community Colleges understand that tuition and fees are some of the most important decision-making factors for students. As state appropriations and federal aid have declined, the cost of college has increased for the individual. Most students and families do not want to take on the burden of student loans to pay for a college degree due to accumulating large loan debts. That’s why the Maricopa Community Colleges are committed to making college an affordable choice.