Maricopa County Community College District and Arizona State University Partner to Offer College Students Transfer Pathways with MAPP MyPath2ASU™ Collaboration
Oct, 1 2021
The Maricopa County Community College District is pleased to announce a new alliance with Arizona State University to provide students a seamless transfer experience with the MAPP MyPath2ASU™ program. MAPP MyPath2ASU™ allows students to take the steps needed, at the start of their college experience, to successfully plan their transfer to ASU, ensuring a smooth transition process and student success.
MAPP MyPath2ASU™ is a set of customized tools available to transfer students from a Maricopa Community College. These tools ensure a seamless transfer experience to ASU after earning credits or an associate degree from their Maricopa Community College and shortening the time to degree completion.
“I want to say how proud I am of the work both the Maricopa Community Colleges and Arizona State University have done in bettering the transfer experience," said Dr. Steven R. Gonzales, MCCCD Interim Chancellor. “As we celebrate our accomplishments, the work continues and I look forward to future improvements as we strive to best serve our students and communities.”
Through this partnership, students using MAPP MyPath2ASU™ will find their transfer experience simplified. They will have access to personalized benefits to help them navigate the transfer experience, to include:
- End-to-end learner navigation through course-by-course guided pathways
- Ensure course applicability by assisting students with taking courses that apply to their associate and ASU bachelor’s degree
- Guaranteed general admission to ASU and admission into MAPP MyPath2ASU™ major choice if all requirements are satisfied; some majors have additional or higher admission requirements
- More than 300 course-by-course guided pathways into immersion and online ASU degree programs
- Self-service, degree progress tracking through the Pathway Tracker to minimize loss of credit
- Connected experience through personalized ASU communications to prepare academically and build a connection to ASU
MCCCD and ASU will work collaboratively to promote educational degree pathways containing ground and online course offerings. These pathways will ensure their courses are applicable toward their degree in their chosen major and minimize credit loss.